Level Advanced - Lesson 15
1. I really must go and lie for a while; I've got a ________ headache.
2. After a lesson or a course, the teacher may give you additional tasks to do. These are known as ________ activities.
3. Only ________ journalists will be considered for the post of assistant editor.
4. The murdered man was killed with ________ instrument.
5. The boy, wanting to be independent, ________ his father's offer to help.
6. The actual ________ by which coal is extracted is well worth watching.
7. A car begins to ________ in value as soon as it is bought.
8. His energetic efforts met with only ________ success.
9. Although he was neat and well-groomed, he was slightly unattractive in ________.
10. His country cottage ________ the amenities of his London flat.
11. He tries to ________ up his lessons by telling a few jokes.
12. He made some ________ sketches which would serve as guides when he painted the actual portrait.
13. Pools of water lay trapped among the rocks as the tide ________.
14. His authority and ________ make him an excellent leader.
15. The machine needs a complete ________.
16. The solution to this problem completely ________ me.
17. This memorandum will have to be duplicated. Could you possibly ________ a hundred copies for me, Miss Jones?
18. I don't think this newspaper cartoon is very funny, but I like the ________ under it.
19. When the manager returned from holiday he found a ________ of work waiting for him.
20. The policemen asked the suspect to make ________.