Level Advanced - Lesson 29
1. I don't know whether Peter would be interested in joining our Conservation Society. I'll ________ him ________ about it.
2. A ________ change in policy is needed if relations are ever to improve.
3. No human being is ________ but Alistair Allington made very few mistakes.
4. The floods did not start to ________ until two days after the rain had stopped.
5. He is considered to be an outstanding artist but I consider his work to be quite ________.
6. When I went into the dining room next morning the ________ of the dinner were still on the table.
7. It is not profitable to provide bus service in districts where the population is widely ________.
8. Many university courses are not really ________ to the needs of students or their future employers.
9. She ________ along the path, glad to be able to take her time.
10. Many road accidents occur because motorists cannot ________ the speed of approaching vehicles.
11. He offered her a ticket for the concert, and she gladly ________.
12. The motion was proposed by Mr Jones and ________ by Mr Pearson.
13. What was the ________ of that article on devolution? I haven't had time to read it.
14. The Council are going to impose further parking restrictions in the more ________ streets of the city.
15. If anything goes wrong with the car, Mr Jones always ________ his wife's driving.
16. The medicine should be ________ with a little water.
17. I think it would be best if Grandmother went straight to bed when she arrives, to ________ the effects of her long journey.
18. The horse's harness ________ as it trotted along briskly.
19. The National Theatre receives a large ________ of 2,000.000 USD from the Government every year.
20. It's interesting to see the seagulls ________ up and down on the waves near the fishing boats.