Level Advanced - Lesson 27
1. My father ________ when he found out that I'd damaged the car.
2. Simon never takes anything seriously. He just likes ________.
3. Enquiries ________ the condition of patients may be made personally or by telephone.
4. The forecast predicted ________ weather with snow, sunshine, wind and thunder and that is just what we have had.
5. This book gives a brief ________ of the history of the castle and details of the art collection in the main hall.
6. There has been a great deal of ________ about the results of the coming elections.
7. It was too early in the ________ to expect many visitors to a seaside town.
8. A very large cat was watching us intently from the top of a ________ car.
9. After so many weeks without rain, the ground quickly ________ the little rain that fell last night.
10. ________ me to take some money with me when we go shopping tomorrow.
11. He took the day off work to ________ his aunt's funeral.
12. After his leave, Alfred went back on duty to ________ his soldiers.
13. His account must be true, because the evidence he gave ________ that of two other witnesses.
14. We forgave his bad temper because we knew that his son's illness had put him under great ________.
15. Some people still cling to the ________ that the Earth is flat.
16. The habit of taking cold baths in the winter is said to be ________ to the English.
17. All the men working at the atomic power station have to be equipped with ________ clothing.
18. It is difficult to grow good vegetables in the poor ________ in this area.
19. It was impossible for the student to work out the answer to the question, so he just ________.
20. It was not easy to get an extra allowance, but he ________ it through an influential friend.