Trình độ TOEFL - Bài 301. When Franklin Roosevelt became very ill, his wife began to take a more active role in politics, and many people believed that ________ and the president shared his responsibilities.
2. In the United States ________ is the most concentrated is New Orleans.
3. ________ he was writing his plays and poems four centuries ago, Shakespeare's ideas are still relevant today.
4. The wonders of the wild have throughout history inspired not only artists ________.
5. They are planning to build a subway, but it ________ be a difficult undertaking.
6. The people at the party were worried about Janet because no one was aware ________ that she had gone.
7. Green and magenta are complementary colors located opposite each other on the color wheel, ________.
8. ________ that gold was discovered at Sutter's Mill, and that the California Gold Rush began.
9. Between the California Coast Range and the Sierra Nevada ________.
10. Sunspots are known to cause ________ enormous increase in the intensity of the sun's electromagnetic radiation.
11. ________ the 35 years between the end of the Civil War and the turn of the century, the population of the United States doubled, and manufacturing production increased sevenfold.
12. In xerox printing, the ink becomes fused to the paper as soon as ________.
13. In the stringed instruments, the tones ________ by playing a bow across a set of strings that may be made of wire or gut.
14. After the purchase of the Louisiana Territory, the United States had ________ it had previously owned.
15. Young rivers have no flood plains and their valleys are ________ .
16. ________ a bridge builder, Gustav Eiffel designed the Eiffel Tower for the Paris Exposition of 1889.
17. In 1905 Juneau replaced Sitka ________ Alaska.
18. Whole-grain food products ________ in most large supermarkets across the United States and Canada.
19. The year 1732 saw the first appearance of Poor Richard's Almanac, ________ Benjamin Franklin created the character of Poor Richard.
20. Sidney Lamier was most famous for his poetry, but ________ a schoolteacher, a literally critic, and a musician.
Xem lại bài TOEFL - Lesson 29