Đọc hiểuTOEFL - Bài 7Đọc đoạn văn sau và trả lời các câu hỏi:
May 7, 1840, was the birthday of one of the most famous Russian composers of the nineteenth century Peter Illich Tchaikovsky. The son of a mining inspector, Tchaikovsky studied music as a child and later studied composition at the St.Petersburg Conservatory. His greatest 5 period of productivity occurred between 1876 and 1890, during which time he enjoyed the patronage of Madame von Meck, a woman he never met, who gave him a living stipend of about $1,000.00 a year. Madame von Meck later terminated her friendship with Tchaikovsky, as well as his living allowance, when she, herself, was facing financial 10 difficulties. It was during the time of Madame von Meck's patronage, however, that Tchaikovsky created the music for which he is most famous, including the music for the ballets of Swan Lake and The Sleeping Beauty. Tchaikovsky's music, well known for its rich melodic and sometimes melancholy passages, was one of the first that brought 15 serious dramatic music to dance. Before this, little attention had been given to the music behind the dance. Tchaikovsky died on November 6, 1893, ostensibly of cholera, though there are now some scholars who argue that he committed suicide.
1. With what topic is the passage primarily concerned?
2. Tchaikovsky's father was most probably
3. Which of the following is closest in meaning to the word "productivity" in line 5?
4. In line 6, the phrase "enjoyed the patronage of" probably means
5. Which of the following could best replace the word "terminated" in line 8?
6. According to the passage, all of the following describe Madame von Meck EXCEPT:
7. Where in the passage does the author mention Tchaikovsky's influence on dance?
8. According to the passage, for what is Tchaikovsky's music most well known?
9. According to the passage, "Swan Lake" and "The Sleeping Beauty" are
10. Which of the following is NOT mentioned in the passage?
11. Which of the following is closest in meaning to the word "behind" as used in line 16?
12. In line 17, the word "ostensibly" could be best replaced by
Xem lại bài Reading-Comprehension-Lesson 06 và bài Reading-Comprehension-Lesson 07