Level Advanced - Lesson 19
1. I bought a computer last year, but I've had nothing but trouble with it. As far as I'm concerned it was 800$ down the ________.
2. Nothing ever seems to bother Colin. No matter what happens, he always seems to remain as cool as ________
3. Whole villages have been ________ by the flood.
4. The spectators were ________ to move to the other end of the ground.
5. He lives ________ his office.
6. The new community centre ________ for all kinds of leisure activities.
7. The plan was ________ when it was discovered just how much the scheme would cost.
8. We are paying for the car in 24 monthly ________ of 55$.
9. You might as well give in, because your position is ________.
10. Nobody has been able to explain the ________ of this commonly-used expression.
11. We aren't very busy in the shop at the moment, in fact we're quite ________.
12. Ellis may be a good poet but he is hardly in the same ________ as Wordsworth.
13. Dr Benjamin Jones, the ________ expert, performed the autopsy on the poisoned woman.
14. It seems that the Opposition are ________ to win the next election.
15. That child's mother is unable to look after him so he will be cared for by ________ parents.
16. The dog let out a ________ of pain when its tail was trodden on.
17. It took us a very long time to drive to the coast because the country roads were very ________.
18. After the burglary, the flat was a complete ________.
19. When old Mrs Hill died she ________ 100 USD annually, to be spent on her favourite cat and dog.
20. When the ghost appeared, I was so frightened, my hair ________.