Level Advanced - Lesson 09
1. I think I ________ my ticket in a few days.
2. - That was a very dirty trick you played on your colleagues. - I know. I feel badly enough about it. You don't need to ________ it ________.
3. Mrs Milton has forty-three cats. I don't know how she ________ them all.
4. I watched a very old professor giving a lecture the other day. He ________ for ages before getting to the point.
5. A sound of hammering came from the workshop, and ________ from the knife- sharpener's shop.
6. The music aroused an ________ feeling of homesickness in him.
7. She had just ________ the shell of the hard-boiled egg and was starting to peel it off.
8. Under certain conditions of stress, some people ________ qualities they had never known they possessed.
9. The young performers ________ and held the audience's attention from the moment the curtain went up.
10. He went to Somerset House ________ looking up the terms of his grandfather's will.
11. Certainly man must ________ the future, and find ways of providing for his needs.
12. I found the missing file ________ on the top shelf.
13. Accuracy is ________ to the programming of computers.
14. Violence in the local prison has ________ two lives.
15. Being both spoilt and lazy he ________ everyone else for his lack of success.
16. The wheels of the car ________ deep into the mud.
17. The children were having a wonderful time ________ on the frozen lake.
18. Mussels, which can be found in abundance on our coasts, are an expensive ________ in most restaurants in England.
19. This house has not been lived in for years and the rooms smell very ________.
20. There's a ________ at that factory; it's impossible to work there without a trade union card.