Level Advanced - Lesson 10
1. Where is everyone? It's as silent as ________ in here!
2. Jimmy's feeling a bit under the weather today, but I expect he'll be as right as ________ by the weekend.
3. We can't eat this meat - it's as tough as ________!
4. To what extent will future scientific discoveries make possible the ________ of the human life span?
5. Your usual teacher has lost his voice and ________ I am taking his place today.
6. We finally managed to ________ the committee's approval of our plans.
7. There is often so much traffic on the main thoroughfares that motorists may be able to travel faster on ________ roads.
8. The child was ________ for getting his shoes and socks wet.
9. He had an ________ habit of emptying ash trays out of his upstairs window onto our doorstep.
10. The snake ________ smoothly through the long grass.
11. She ________ the temptation to buy a coat she could not afford.
12. The discussion quickly became a very ________ argument about increasing prices.
13. They searched ________ for the missing documents but they were never found.
14. The children are so ________, their father is thinking of sending them to boarding school.
15. Philip will make a success of his new business because he is ________ to succeed.
16. The view from the bridge was ________.
17. The route into the harbour was marked by a string of ________.
18. On the beach the crabs ________ from rock pool to rock pool.
19. I was made a great fuss of, grid kindness and goodwill were ________ on me.
20. The prisoner was released from gaol when it was discovered that there had been a ________ of justice.