Level Advanced - Lesson 03
1. I usually buy my clothes ________. It's cheaper than going to a dressmaker.
2. You really dropped ________ the other day when you told Brian you'd seen his wife at the cinema. He thought she was at her mother's.
3. Charlie had such a bad stomach ache that he was ________ with pain.
4. Yesterday the pound fell to a ________ low level against the dollar, according to this morning's news.
5. She bought a blue and yellow hat to ________ her new blue dress.
6. After a long and exhausting journey, they arrived ________.
7. If we ________ the plan you suggest, we are more likely to be successful.
8. The bully tried to take away the younger boy's violin but the youngster ________ him with considerable courage.
9. I'm in no ________ this evening to listen to his silly jokes.
10. He says he would write an English course book if he could find ________ to deal with the less interesting parts.
11. ________ he fails his final examination, he is still sure of a University place.
12. Poisons should be kept in a place that is ________ to children.
13. Have you seen my brother's latest ________ to his stamp collection?
14. That evening he reached the theatre late, only just ________ time to dress and make up.
15. The victory was ________ annually by a ten-gun salute.
16. The Judge decided to ________ the case for two days.
17. Mr Jones is such a ________ speaker, I always lose the thread of what he is saying.
18. This is a very rare poison for which there is no known ________.
19. The social worker was asked to ________ the in formation received about the Harrison family.
20. He ________ up the sheet of paper and dropped it into the waste paper basket.