Level Advanced - Lesson 11
1. Some people can just ________ a cold, but my colds seem to linger for weeks.
2. The ________ cats that are still found in some remote places are distantly related to our friendly domestic companions.
3. The lorry was travelling at a high ________.
4. Many countries have now succeeded in ________ the malarial mosquito.
5. He came to inspect the house ________ buying it.
6. The car salesman took the customer for a drive in the new model in order to ________ its improved features.
7. As business increased, the Managing Director had to learn to ________ work.
8. As they watched the match, the crowd ________ in unison.
9. A completely new situation is likely to ________ when the school leaving age is raised to 16.
10. He wrote the text book in ________ with his brother.
11. My old aunt had a ________ passion for collecting useless objects.
12. The child who ran out into the road only missed being run over by a ________.
13. Paul has suffered from epileptic ________ ever since his accident.
14. I shall ________ from voting for a new Chairman, as I have no confidence in any of the candidates.
15. Cable cars have been a ________ of transport in San Francisco since 1873.
16. Peter has always been interested in animals and wild flowers, so I'm sure he would enjoy this book on the ________ history of California.
17. I am not prepared to sell you my house unless you offer a more ________ price.
18. The Minister was trying to avoid publicity so he kept ________.
19. He had never been to Japan before and had only a ________ of the language.
20. Inflation will never be brought under control while prices continue to ________.