Trình độ TOEFL - Bài 401. Last year Matt earned ________ his brother, who has a better position.
2. The noise of the airplanes ________from the airport over our house was unbearable at times.
3. ________ the intermission, the kids all bought popcorn.
4. Tommy was one ________.
5. George ________ he could improve his test scores, but he did not have enough time to study.
6. If it ________ more humid in the desert Southwest the hot temperatures would be unbearable.
7. Travelers ________ their reservations well in advance if they want to fly during the Christmas holidays.
8. Not until a student has mastered algebra ________ the principles of geometry, trigonometry, and physics.
9. The cosmopolitan flavor of San Francisco is enhanced by ________ shops and restaurants.
10. ________ thirty-five African nations where the elephant still exists.
11. Starting in 1972, lightning fires in Yellowstone National Park ________to take their natural course unless they threatened park facilities.
12. Of the two new teachers, one is experienced and ________
13. The 'Consumers Price Index' lists ________.
14. Nerve impulses ________ to the brain at a speed of about one hundred yards per second.
15. In excess of 80 percent of the UN's budget is used ________ the economic development of member nations.
16. Bacterial spores germinate and sprout ________ favorable conditions of temperature andfood supply.
17. In the 1960s, due in part to the invention of air conditioning, the population of the United States ________ a dramatic geographical shift southward.
18. One of the most influential Virginians of colonial times, ________ in England.
19. High and low atmospheric pressure systems are ________ cause changing weather patterns.
20. Jupiter ________ the largest planet in the Solar System.
Xem lại bài TOEFL - Lesson 39