Trình độ TOEFL - Bài 381. Our flight from Amsterdam tlo London was delyed ________ the heavy fog.
2. Despite claims that filters and low-tar tobacco make smoking somewhat safer, in fact they only marginally reduce, ________ eliminate, the hazards.
3. Jellyfish are probably ________ on Earth.
4. This part of the country seldom ________ such hot weather.
5. Before a person may drive a car on a public highway, it is necessary that he ________ a driving test.
6. Not only the passengers ________ were frightened when the airplane entered the electrical storm.
7. Warning: ________ or operate heavy equipment while taking this medication.
8. Please write out the answers to the questions at the end of ________.
9. Most accidents in the home can be prevented by ________ elimination of hazards.
10. The Puritans, ________ percentage of the earliest settlers in Massachusetts, were a pious, self-disciplined people.
11. The common crow, ________ one of the hardiest birds in existence, can live up to eighty years.
12. ________ a busy city, Pompeii was virtually destroyed by the eruption of Mount Vesuvius in 79 A.D.
13. The consistency of protoplasm and that of glue ________.
14. The famous architect, Frank Lloyd Wright, was greatly ________ , who wanted him to study architecture.
15. According to the Christian Bible, when the disciples saw Jesus after he had risen from the dead, they said, ________ .
16. Famous for his ________ punctuation, typography, and language, Edward Estlin Cummings published his collected poems in 1954.
17. ________ is currently available to researchers and physicians who study and treat acromegaly, a glandular disorder characterized by enlargement and obesity.
18. ________ trees is a custom that many people engage in to celebrate Arbor Day.
19. ________ stone tools and animal remains found with the human fossils, anthropologists have determined that Neanderthal Man was a successful hunter.
20. Staying in a hotel costs ________ renting a room in a dormitory for a week.
Xem lại bài TOEFL - Lesson 37