Tìm từ đồng nghĩa với từ được gạch chân - Bài số 37
1. After listening to the testimony, the members of the jury delivered their verdict.
2. Obstinate people are extremely difficult to work with.
3. In some states drivers are fined $100 for careless driving.
4. Pipes may be painted to keep them from getting oxidized.
5. The system of Daylight Saving Time seems very silly until one understands why it is done.
6. Compound microscopes have two separate lenses or sets of lenses.
7. Theodore Roosevelt was blessed with a hearty constitution.
8. The army permitted Teddy Roosevelt's "Rough Riders" to carry six-shooters instead of regular army weapons.
9. The speaker was misquoted by the paper so badly she thought of suing them.
10. The Montforts have decided to take a cruise, so they went to the travel agency for some brochures.
11. James K. Polk was president of the United States from 1845 to 1849, a period of tremendous territorial expansion.
12. That artist did not achieve acclaim because he was an imitator, not a creator.
13. Frank condoned his brother's actions because he knew he meant well.
14. After the alien spacecraft had hovered over the park for a short while, it vanished.
15. Her childhood poverty caused Lucy to be very thrifty as she grew older.
16. Pocahontas, a seventeenth-century Powhatan Indian, went to the Jamestown colony as her father's emissary.
17. Vendors must have a license.
18. The three main kinds of tea differ in the method used to process the leaves.
19. The speed of light is considered by scientists to be a fundamental constant.
20. The inquiry concerning the accident was handled by the chief of police.